The Embassy first opened on 20 August 1977, after the diplomatic relations between the Philippines and Vietnam were established on 12 July 1976. The current Ambassador is Noel Servigon who assumed his position on 08 March 2016.
Ms. Le Thi Phung, Founder and CEO of Financial Management and Consulting Company (FMC) and PhungLe Law Firm in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), was appointed as Philippine Honorary Consul General in HCMC. The Philippine Consulate reopened on January 2011, and extends consular services to Filipino nationals residing/working in HCMC.
FAST FACTS ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES
- Full Name
- Republic of the Philippines
- Land Area
- 300,000 sq. km
- 92,681,453 (July 2008 est. CIA World Factbook)
The vast majority of Filipinos are descendants of Malays, Chinese, and Muslim Minorities. More than 100 cultural minority groups are scattered throughout the country.
- Filipino and English, with 8 other major languages and 87 dialects
Predominantly Roman Catholic. Others: Muslim, Protestant, Evangelical, Iglesia ni Kristo, Aglipayan
- Philippine Peso (Php) = 100 centavos. Bank notes in P10, P20, P50, P100, P200, P500, and P1,000
The Philippines comprises an archipelago of some 7,107 islands located off Southeast Asia, between the Philippine Sea on the east and South China Sea on the west, east of Vietnam, and north of Sabah and Borneo. The major islands are Luzon in the north, the Visayan Islands in the middle, and Mindanao in the south.
- March to May is hot and dry. June to October is rainy. November to February is cool. Average temperatures: 78F or 32C. Humidity: 77%
- GMT + 8 hours
- Internet Domain
- International Dialing Code