Replacement of Lost Passport
Requirements (as of 01 January 2020)
Note: Applicants who intend to avail themselves of consular services are encouraged to book an appointment through this link - https://hanoipe.setmore.com/
The current passport system requires the personal appearance of all applicants, regardless of age, for the purpose of taking the applicant’s biometric details. Personal appearance of either parent is required if applicant is a minor.
- Duly accomplished passport application form;
- Original DFA-authenticated PSA (formerly known as NSO) Birth Certificate (If applicant has no copy of the data page of the lost passport)
- Original DFA-authenticated PSA (formerly known as NSO) Marriage Certificate (for married women only);
- Affidavit of Loss (with attached copy of data page of the lost passport); and
- Police Report (with notarized English translation).
* Other relevant documents that may be required by the Consular Officer, depending on the circumstances of the passport applicant.
Replacement of lost passport: 3,600,000 VND
Affidavit of Loss : 600,000 VND
The processing of the replacement of lost passport will start after a 15-working day clearance period following the submission of applicant’s documentary requirements.
Filipinos in Vietnam who lost their passports may be issued a Travel Document (TD). A Travel Document is valid for one-way travel back to the Philippines only and is issued in case of emergency. Applicant shall present a Police Report (with English translation) and file for the Affidavit of Loss. The processing fee for a TD is 720,000 VND and 600,000 VND for the Affidavit of Loss.
-------- End --------